1. Drink plenty of water. Our body needs a lot of water so give in to water. Water is not just a way to flush out toxin but if you have more water in your body you will generally feel healthier and fitter. This itself will discourage any tendency to gorge. The best thing about water is that has no calories at all.
2.Start your day with a glass of water. As soon as you wake up, gulp down a glass of cool water. It’s a wonderful way to start your day and you only need a lesser quantity of your breakfast drink after that. A glass of water lets out all your digestive juices and sort of lubricates the insides of your body. You may have your morning cup of tea but have it after a glass of water. It is good for you.
3. Drink a glass of water before you start the meal. Water naturally needs some space so that you feel fuller without actually having to stuff yourself.
4. Have another glass of water while you are having the meal. Again this is another way of making yourself full so that you can actually rise from the table eating less but feeling full just the same. Instead of drinking it one gulp, take sips after each morsel. It will help the food to settle faster so that you get that feeling that you are full faster.
SIDENOTE: Water is such a remarkable thing, but seldom do we give it the credit that it deserves. Did you know that over 66% of your body weight is nothing but water? It’s amazing!
Water also plays a vital role in weight control, which is why I donated so much space to it, above.
5. Stay away from sweetened bottle drinks, especially sodas. Hey, all those colas and fizzy drinks are sweetened with sugar and sugar means calories. The more you can cut out on these sweetened bottle drinks, the better for you. So if you must drink sodas, then stick to diet sodas.
6.Include in your diet things that contain more water like tomatoes and watermelons. These things contain 90 to 95 % water so that there is nothing that you have to lose by feasting on them. They fill you up without adding to the pounds.
7.Eat fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juice. Juice is often sweetened but fresh fruits have natural sugars. When you eat fruit, you are taking in a lot of fibre, which is needed by the body, and fruits, of course, are an excellent source of vitamins.
8. If you do have a craving for fruit juice then go for fresh fruit juice instead of these that contain artificial flavours and colours. Or even better, try making your own fruit juice taking care not to sweeten it with too many calories.
9.Choose fresh fruit to processed fruits. Processed and canned fruits do not have as much fibre as fresh fruit and processed and canned fruits are nearly always sweetened.
10. Increase your fibre intake. Like I mentioned, the body needs a lot of fibre. So try to include in your diet as many fruits and vegetables as you can.